Kimia Zamiri Azar, Ph.D.
Dr. Kimia Zamiri Azar is a research assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida. She received a Ph.D. degree from the Department of ECE at George Mason University in 2021. Her research focuses on “VLSI Design“, “VLSI Advanced Testability“, “Hardware Verification and Validation”, “Reconfigurable Architectures“, “Hardware Security and Trust“, “IoT Security“, and “Applied Machine Learning“, whose current particular focus is on:
- CAD frameworks for System and Security Verification: Systematic Methods for Verifying and Validating the Security of SoCs, Automation of Security Verification and Validation.
- Sustainability and Upgradability for Monitoring and Security Enhancement: Building Reconfigurable Designs for Security Monitoring on SoCs with Upgradability Possibility.
- IP/SoC Reverse Engineering Evaluation and Protection: Security Evaluation of IP Protection Techniques, e.g., Logic Obfuscation and IC Camouflaging.
- Verification and Assurance Lifecycle in Heterogeneous Integration: Developing Solutions and Technologies for Security of Chiplet-based Design in System-in-Package (SiP).
Dr. Azar has numerous publications in high-prestigious journals and conferences including IEEE TC, TCAD, TVLSI, IACR TCHES, RAID, DAC, DATE, ICCAD, VTS, ASP-DAC, etc., with awards including nominations/recipients for the Best Paper Award in ISVLSI’20, ICCAD’20, DCAS’20, HOST’22, and DATE’23.
Dr. Azar also has 2 books, 2 book chapters, and 3 U.S. patents. Her research as part of the teams has been sponsored by SRC, NSF, DARPA, DoD, and Microsemi. She is a member of IEEE and ACM.
Education and Post-doC
- [2021 – 2022] Post-Doc, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida.
- [2017 – 2021] Ph.D., Computer Engineering, Department of ECE, George Mason University.
- [2013 – 2015] M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Department of CE, Shahid Beheshti University.
- [2009 – 2013] B.Sc., Computer Engineering, Department of ECE, K. N. T. University of Technology.
[September, 2023] Our paper entitled “Heterogeneous Integration Supply Chain Integrity through Blockchain and CHSM” has been accepted in ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (ACM TODAES).
[September, 2023] Our paper entitled “SiPGuard: Run-time System-in-Package Security Monitoring via Power Noise Variation” has been accepted in IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (IEEE TCAD).
[August, 2023] Our paper entitled “FormalFuzzer: Formal Verification Assisted Fuzz Testing for SoC Vulnerability Detection” has been accepted in Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP–DAC 2024).
[July, 2023] Our paper entitled “TaintFuzzer: SoC Security Verification using Taint Inference-enabled Fuzzing” has been accepted in IEEE/ACM Int’l Conference on Computer Aided Design (ICCAD 2023).
[June, 2023] Our paper entitled “Efficient SoC Security Monitoring: Quality Attributes and Potential Solutions” has been accepted in IEEE Design & Test.
More in HERE!
The Latest Version [Sep, 2023] of Dr. Azar CV can be downloaded HERE!